Struggling at work or school. Feeling unsafe. Trouble sleeping.
Feeling disconnected from friends and loved ones.
Unlike the physical injuries caused by violence, emotional trauma may not receive immediate medical attention. If left untreated, this trauma has long-lasting, negative effects on the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
The SNUG Street Outreach program connects individuals and families to highly trained professional counselors who offer:
- Emotional support for individuals and families who have been affected by violence
- Assistance with processing feelings that might be holding you back
- Help readjusting to daily life after experiencing a frightening event
Text SNUG (7684) to 518-949-3913 or call for more details today.
Free counseling and case management support is available to any victim of violence living in the following counties where SNUG programs are located: Albany, Bronx, Erie, Dutchess, Monroe, Nassau, Onondaga, Orange, Rensselaer, Suffolk and Westchester counties.
SNUG works to reduce shootings, change community norms about violence and save lives by:
- Mediating conflicts and disputes to prevent retaliation
- Mentoring high-risk youth and connecting them to positive programs, such as job training, education, employment and other opportunities
- Organizing marches and other events to show the community’s stand against violence
- Engaging with residents by hosting job fairs, cookouts, games, sports and other activities.
All SNUG staff work together to achieve the same goal: supporting and strengthening communities by connecting individuals and families and to programs and services that will help them make positive changes. This innovative partnership is the result of a collaboration between the Office of Victim Services and the state Division of Criminal Justice Services.
Albany: Albany 518 SNUG, 326 Clinton Ave., Albany 12206
Bronx: Stand Up to Violence, 1400 Pelham Pkwy., Bldg. 1, Rm. 136, Bronx 10461
Dutchess: Poughkeepsie SNUG, 29 N. Hamilton St., Suite 225, Poughkeepsie 12601
Erie: Buffalo SNUG, 1461 Kensington Ave., Buffalo 14215
Nassau: Hempstead SNUG, 31 Main St., Hempstead 11550
Onondaga: Syracuse SNUG, The John P. McCrea Center, 420 E. Genesee St., Syracuse 13202
Orange: SNUG Newburgh, 201 Broadway, Newburgh 12550
Rensselaer: Troy SNUG, 3100 6th Ave., Troy 12180
Suffolk: Wyandanch SNUG, 1304 Straight Path, Wyandanch 11798
Westchester: Mount Vernon SNUG 209, 6 Gramatan Ave., Suite 409, Mount Vernon 10550
Westchester: Yonkers SNUG, 17 Riverdale Ave., Yonkers 10701